​I purchased the cowboy boots from Texas Tiny, and after  I gave a wash of white paint, my daughter painted the roses on them.  The inspiration for these boots was from a painting by C. Repasy.

​Lipstick is made from a plastic coated wire that is cut at a slant, then painted with nail polish.  (Oops!  Looks like I need to clean the edge of  that lipstick tube.)  Make-up brushes were made with bugle beads, 34 gauge wire and embroidery floss that was scrumbled with a rough, hard bristled stencil brush until fluffy fine fibers appeared.

​Printies for the toiletries came from here.

My daughter Sage painted the roses on the shutters.  I thought the shutters made a nice display for old photos .

​Instead of creating a traditional barn scene with the usual barnyard animals, I chose a wedding theme for this room box, in a class taught by Vikki M.  Since it appears that barn weddings are trending with today's bride, I thought that the rough, dark texture of the wood would  be an interesting and contrasting background against the lacy white feminine bridal trousseau.  I envisioned for this room box, set designers gathering pretty bridal themed items for a photo shoot for some romantic living magazine.  Completed March 2014.

Mr. and Mrs. garland made with flowers punched from gold paper and the letters (fonts) were printed on miniaturized scrapbook paper and then punched out with a circle punch.

Wedding planner was a copy from a miniature magazine.  I covered the candlesticks with no hole pearl beads.  Candles were painted with nail polish.  Cowgirl bride is a metal mini that I covered with a scrapbook product called Iced Enamels.  Silver pitcher is made by Pete Acquisto.  I stuffed the champagne glasses with glittered tulle.

Cupcakes and macaroons were made from molds by Christel Jensen and Stewart Dollhouse Creations.  I bought an online tutorial from Goddess of Chocolate to help with making the chocolates.  With a mold from Pei Li Miniatures, I made the doves.  The food is made with Fimo and Japanese air dry clay.

Bride and groom are made of seashells.




Barn Wedding Photo Shoot

Room Boxes by Denise Morales

Bale of hay made by Dorothy Hamilton with grass clippings from her own yard.

Thanks for visiting!

The bride on the right is made from Shrinky Dink paper.

Some of my miniatures before I glued them in the box.

 Thanks to Tina Squire for supplying me with porcelain mannequins for my miniature scenes.

Some of my miniatures before I glued them in the box.

Here is a side view of the dress.  I created the design of the dress as I was making it.  The bottom 2 layers were circle patterns using bowls from my kitchen.

Here is a better view of the wedding dress outside of the box.  The white lace  and tulle are not that bright white.

​ I chose to display these bridal intimates on a weathered trellis.  Dress is a Kathy Mendenhall pattern, found in AIM magazine May 2011, bra was an on-line tutorial, and I drew a simple corset pattern and created the three different corsets from the same pattern.  I drew a simple pattern for the underwear and purse.

I was inspired by Lori Ann Potts' train case.  I made this luggage from several layers of  card stock that was covered in fabric.  I then filled it with rolled up Save the Date and wedding invitations, a lace dress and skirt, silk chiffon scarf, cotton sleeveless top, hair accessories, toiletries, towels, photos, purse, jewelry and shoes.  Knock-out roses in bouquet  were a kit from Sandra Manring.

​Letter box made with printies downloaded from the internet.  Flower in box made with 34 gauge wire, nail polish, and no hole beads.  Rug picture was found at  Carolyn's Little Kitchen Blogspot.

Since I did not have room for a large wedding table, I created, on an upholstered stool with the cushion discarded, this sample table setting with a numbered table card standing in the flower vase.

​Beaded purse was a tutorial, written by Sandra Stacey, found in an on-line AIM magazine.  I learned to make shoes, years ago, with my friend Patti and a wonderful on-line class taught by Cynthia Howe.  I painted the leather shoes with a transparent pink nail polish.

​I printed the bride pillow using a small swatch of muslin that was taped down (on all sides) about 2 inches from the top edge of my copy paper.  My printer did not jam and I did not have to waste an entire sheet of the expensive printer fabric for this one pillow.  Silk ribbon rose pillows taught by Paulette Svec.